Pumpkin Chip Protein Bars
Break out the can of Libby’s pumpkin for this one!! It’s tasty, has chocolate, & a nice dose of protein & fiber… plus, fall flavor. No added sugar – slightly honey sweetened. What’s not to love about that?
- 1 c old fashioned oats, ground into oat flour (or oat flour)
- 1 T organic raw honey
- 1 T organic chia seeds
- 2 T Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 packet (about 23g) Garden of Life Raw Vanilla Spiced Chai flavored protein
- 1 large egg
- 4 large egg whites (no yolk)
- 1/2 c almond meal/flour
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c Libby's canned pumpkin puree (not the pumpkin pie mix)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8x8" baking pan with non-stick spray & set aside.
Ground oats in a food processor or blender until they're a fine powder & set aside. In a medium bowl, combine egg, protein powder, pumpkin, & honey. Mix well. Add in the oat flour, almond flour, chia seeds, & spices. Mix well.
Lastly, mix in the chocolate chips & baking powder.
Pour mixture into the baking pan & pat down evenly. Bake approximately 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool, then cut into slices & store in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Haystack Cookies 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- Lo mien 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Healthy Granola Bar 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Aunt Brendas Pumpkin Butter 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cheesecake 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
- Simple shortcake with crumble 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Red Fruit Crumble 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- American Sweet Potato Pie 4.1/5 (34 Votes)