Apple Strudel Bon-Bons
Taking the traditional apple strudel and turning it into a smaller portion sized candy lookalike!
- 250g Flour
- 125g Water
- 25g Eggs + 1 egg for the egg wash
- 25g Oil
- 2.5g Salt
- 2 tablespoons Butter, melted
- 225g Apples, peeled and chopped
- 40g Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Lemon Juice
- 50g Raisins
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 24mins
Cost Average budget
For the dough:
Mix all ingredients together, except for the extra egg and butter, in a large bowl until combined. Dump the dough onto the floured work surface and knead with your hands for 6 more minutes. Brush the dough with oil and let rest for 30 minutes
Meanwhile, prepare your filling:
Peel and chop the apples. Combine with the rest of the ingredients.
Split the dough in half. Roll out one half on a floured work surface into a rectangle about the size of a sheet of paper. The dough should be rolled out extremely thin! The thinner the flakier and tastier the final product. Brush with melted butter and cut into 3 sections. Place a heaping spoonful onto each section and roll into a bon-bon form. Place on a baking sheet and brush with an egg wash.
Repeat with the other 2 section as well as the second half of the dough.
Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes.
Serve warm with a caramel sauce.
You'll also love
- The Original Chocolate Chip Cookies 3.9/5 (95 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Bread Pudding 4.4/5 (36 Votes)
- Chocolate thumbprints 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts 3.2/5 (172 Votes)
- Apple berry Tofu 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Sannois soft set apple tart with... 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Brazilian Banana Pie (Torta de... 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- BON BONS 2.8/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.