Butter Pecan Tarts
- 1 cup corn syrup ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar ¼ tsp salt
Make pastry, using the recipe on the shortening box. Roll out and cut out with margarine dish. Place shells into tins.
Mix together ingredients, bring to a boil, and then cool.
Place pecans or other desired ingredients (raisins, walmuts) into bottom of tart shell.
Spoon cooled mixture into tart shells (about 3/4 of it).
Bake @ 425 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake until nicely browned.
You'll also love
- Strawberry goo 4.4/5 (31 Votes)
- Pan Pizza 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Marcy's Famous Brownies 4.3/5 (36 Votes)
- Sannois soft set apple tart with... 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Garlic Parsley Potatoes 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Sour Cream and Onion Easy Cheese... 4.7/5 (44 Votes)
- Martha Washington Candy 4.3/5 (68 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Caramel Macchiato... 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe