The best pecan butter tart recipes - 3 recipes
If you like this, you'll definitely like: butter tart
Chef Tips and Tricks
Mini Cherry Pies
These mini cherry pies are so cute, we could eat them right up!
- Apricot, diced
- Apple, diced
- Almond Flakes
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Egg Yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Roll out some dough, and then use a cup or a cookie cutter to cut the dough into circles.
- Place each circle into the cavities of a silicone muffin mould (or greased tin), and press into the bottom and along the sides.
- Pit the cherries, and throw into a pot.
- Add sugar, baking powder, and water, and simmer until it thickens to a saucy consistency.
- Use a spoon to fill each pie to 2/3 to the top.
- Optional: for a bit of variety, you can also fill the pies with apricots + brown sugar + butter, or apples + brown sugar + almond flakes.
- For the lattice crust: use a pizza slicer to cut out thin strips of dough, then lace together to form a lattice.
- Use a cup to cut the lattice into circles, then gently place on top of the uncooked pies.
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies at 350° F for 25 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then gently lift the pies out with the edge of a knife.
Top rated Pecan butter tart recipes
Butter Pecan Tarts
Make pastry, using the recipe on the shortening box
- 1 cup corn syrup ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar ¼ tsp salt
10 Awesome Ways to Dress Like Food This Halloween
You'll look good enough to eat with these 10 awesome Halloween food costumes!
Aye butter tarts
These tarts are warm and buttery
- -Premade butter pie dough, your favorite is the best choice.
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup (can be light)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or almond)
- 1 cup raisans/ pecans/ walnuts
- 2 squares dark chocolate (melted)
10 Scary Halloween Foods That Went Too Far
Oh-so-wrong Halloween treats that will be sure to terrify.
Christmas Treat: Butter Raisin Tarts
A staple holiday must!
- 14 prepared tart shells
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Golden Raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans if desired
Any burning questions? Our chefs answer!