Christmas treat recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Sweet Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Pie crust dough
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup almond powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Halve an apple and slice each half finely.
2. Cut the top of a pie crust to get a straight edge.
3. Spread the brown sugar and almond powder all over the dough.
4. To get the first row, line up the apples in a straight line and cut out the section. Continue until all the dough is all used up.
5. Mix egg yellow and milk and cover each roll with the mixture.
6. If you wish, sprinkle a little extra brown sugar on top of each roll.
7. Bake in the oven for 18 min at 350° F.
Top rated Christmas treat recipes
Christmas Treat: Lemon Meringue Tart
Fun mini lemon meringue tarts!
- 12 prepared Tart Shells (if baking your own, make sure to use some kind of 'pie weights' or the shells will puff up too much.
- 1 package of Prepared Lemon Pie Filling
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 large Egg Whites
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla (use clear if you can find it)
Christmas Treat: Mini Cheesecake Tarts
A lovely, easy to eat tart great for desserts or gatherings!
- 12oz Vanilla Wafers
- 2 x 8oz packages Cream Cheese
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla (use clear if you can find it)
- 1 can Fruit Pie Filling
- You Need: Miniature muffin tins (tassie pans) and miniature muffin pan liners.
Christmas Treat: Butter Raisin Tarts
A staple holiday must!
- 14 prepared tart shells
- 1 Egg
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 cup Golden Raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans if desired
Christmas Treat: Monkey Bread
Very delicious treat never lasts long!
- 3 x 12oz packages of refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- maraschino cherries if desired