Christmas Treat: Monkey Bread
Very delicious treat never lasts long!
- 3 x 12oz packages of refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- maraschino cherries if desired
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Heat oven to 350F.
Mix white sugar and cinnamon in a large ziplock bag. Separate the biscuit dough and cut each biscuit into quarters. Arrange all the biscuits around the tube pan. If you are using nuts and cherries, put them in here and there among the dough as you go along.
Put the butter and brown sugar in a medium bowl in the microwave. Melt it until the sugar is well dissolved - about 1-2 mins depending on microwave.
Drizzle the butter over the biscuits. Bake for 35 mins. Let cool for 10-15 mins in the pan and then turn out onto a plate. No need to cut it ~ this is a fun dessert to pull apart with friends over coffee!
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- Orange Cranberry Biscones with... 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
- Monkey Bread 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Parmesan Pullaparts 3/5 (3 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Lemon Meringue... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Mini Cheesecake... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grandma Marie's Peanut Butter... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cookie: Soft Oatmeal Spice 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!