Cookie: Soft Oatmeal Spice
Soft, moist cookie with a wonderful flavour; easy to change it up by adding a cup of nuts, raisins, and/or chocolate chips!
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Flour
- 3 cups Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1-1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Allspice
- Cooking Spray
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 375F.
Cream the butter and both sugars until fluffy, about 2 mins.
Add the eggs 1 at a time, then vanilla.
Mix together all the dry ingredients really well and then stir into the butter mixture. If you are adding anything else, like raisins, chocolate chips or nuts, now is when you would fold them in with a wooden spoon.
Grease or line cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls and place them 2" apart on the sheets. Flatten each cookie with a fork.
Bake 8-10 mins. Allow to cool 5 mins before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
You'll also love
- Chewy Gingerbread Cookies 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Quick Oatmeal Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Brownies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Classic Oatmeal & Raisin Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp and Mushrooms 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe