Classic Oatmeal & Raisin Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. add in the egg and mix until blended. stir in the vanilla. in a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. add flour mixture to the butter mixture. mix until well combined. fold in the oats and raisins. drop by rounded spoonfulls onto an ungreased baking sheet. bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes until edges turn golden brown. let cool on pan for 5 minutes.
You'll also love
- Nana's Raisin Cookies 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Mini Vautes with Rum Raisins 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Chocolate Cheesecake Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Boursin Cheese Spread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- My Classic Shortbread Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate No-Bake Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!