Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
A boiled chocolatey chewy cookie good for ALL ages of kids from 2 to 102!!!
- 1 stick blue bonnet or imperial margerine
- 2 C sugar
- 1/4 C hershey's cocoa
- 1/2 C milk
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 C creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 C quick oats
- Newspaper & wax paper for table or counter top
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Measure all ingredients before beginning cookies.
Prepare counter or table with a layed of newspaper, then cover paper with wax paper. In a medium bowl stir together sugar, salt & cocoa. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt margarine then add sugar mixture & milk. Stirring constantly bring to a boil & boil for 3 minutes.
Remove from heat & quickly stir in peanut butter till melted & blended. Add vanilla & oats stirring quickly. Drop by rounded teaspoonsful onto prepared wax paper. Let cool until completely set. Store in airtight containers.
May use only 2 cups oats if you want a more chocolate/less chewy cookie.
These are also called boiled cookies & it's a recipe that's been in my family for over 50 years.
You'll also love
- No Bake Cookies (Pooh Pooh Cookies) 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Unbaked Chocolate Cookies 4/5 (43 Votes)
- Unbaked Chocolate Cookies 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Oreo® Cookie Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oatmeal Munchies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fruit Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- My Favorite No Bake Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!