My Classic Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup soft butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Mix together until it begins to cracks. The longer you mix and work it, the richer the cookies when finished.
Put dough in a cereal dish in the fridge until it hardens. About 1 hour.
Gently roll out a little bit at a time and cut with cookie cutter or roll into small balls and crush with fork.
Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 300 degrees for 10 - 15 minutes.
If not brown enough, you can place under broiler until golden brown. Careful, as it will burn easily.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!