Choco-Toffee Dream Bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup soft butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut
- 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
1 - mix ingredients for pastry together and mix until crumbly.
Cook 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
2 - Beat eggs until foamy
Stir in vanilla and brown sugar.
Add flour, baking powder and salt.
Add coconut, chocolate chips and walnuts
Spread over baked pastry.
Bake for an additional 25 - 30 minutes.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!