Pistachio Cake Trifle
- 18.25 ounce package white cake mix
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 small box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 can lemon-lime soda
- ½ cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 4 eggs
- 7 drops green food coloring
- 2 cups milk
- 2 small boxes Pistachio flavored instant pudding
- 8 ounce package cream cheese room temperature
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 8 ounce containers frozen whipped topping thawed
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 13 x 9 pan.
In a large bowl mix together cake mix and pudding mix. Make a well in the center and pour in eggs, soda, oil, pistachios and green food coloring. Blend ingredients, then beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
Pour into prepared pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly pressed. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely. Cube.
While cake is in the oven, in a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mixes and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Add the pudding mixture to the cream cheese mixture and mix until well blended. Fold 1½ tubs of the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
In a large trifle bowl, alternate layers of cubed pieces of cake and pudding mixture, ending with a pudding layer. Top with remaining ½ tub of whipped topping.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Peanut Butter Chocolate Fudge 4.1/5 (442 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread 4.7/5 (49 Votes)
- Khoorabia (Armenian Butter Cookies) 3.9/5 (39 Votes)
- Banana Trifle 4/5 (16 Votes)
- Almond and Pistachio Crusted... 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Gingerbread Cheesecake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Pistachio Cake 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Traditional Trifle 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!