The flavors of a traditional gingerbread have been transformed into a colorful cheesecake.
- 1-1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs (about 30 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 8-oz packages cream cheese
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon each: nutmeg and cloves
- 3 eggs
- 2 milk chocolate bars
- 1 cup cranberry raisins
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 85mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Combine gingersnaps and butter in a small bowl. Press into the bottom of a greased 9" springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool.
Combine cream cheese, sugar, cream, molasses and spices into large mixer bowl. On medium speed of mixer, cream until smooth, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low and add eggs, one at a time. Mix until blended. Pour onto crust. Securely wrap sides of pan with aluminum foil.
lace springform pan in a larger baking pan which has 1" of hot water. Bake at 350 degrees for 65-70 minutes or until center is set. Cool for 15 minutes. Run a butter knife around pan edges to loosen, but keep cake in pan. Cool 1 hour longer; refrigerate overnight.
Remove sides of pan. Top with chocolate shavings, cranberry raisins and nuts.
During the cooling stages, use a wire rack if possible.
You'll also love
- Rum Cake 2.9/5 (196 Votes)
- Christmas Treat: Cherry Snowballs 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Candy Cane Fudge 3.9/5 (10 Votes)
- Biscotti: Cranberry-Pistachio 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Upside-Down Cake 3.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Pistachio Cake 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Grandma Barbie's Gingerbread... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Christmas Gingerbread 4.5/5 (15 Votes)