This is a very easy dish to make for bake sales, picnics, potlucks and family outings. They will be devoured before you know it !
- 6C Crispy Rice Cereal
- 1C Light Corn Syrup
- 1C Sugar
- 1 Bag Chocolate Chips
- 1 Bag Butterscotch Chips
- 1C Peanut Butter
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
In a large pot, heat the corn syrup and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat just as the mixture starts to bubble. Quickly stir in the peanut butter and cereal. Pat evenly into a buttered 13x9 baking dish.
Melt the chocolate chips and butterscotch chips in a double boiler, stirring until all chips are melted. Pour over the top of the crispies and chill 1 hour before cutting.
You'll also love
- YUM!Food Porn Sweet Marie Bars 3.8/5 (65 Votes)
- Mary's Meatloaf 4/5 (73 Votes)
- krispy brownie delights 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Butterscotch Oat Thins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Heavenly Cheesecake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- No Bake Cookies aka Dino Dung 0/5 (0 Votes)
- My Family's meatloaf recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.