Perfect for shortcake or cobblers.
Rate this recipe 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar. Set aside. beat egg and mix in milk and butter. Stir into the flour mixture. Pour into a greased pan.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until brown and crusty.
You'll also love
- Recipewe ♡ Cottage Pudding 2.8/5 (9 Votes)
- German Pancakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate No-Bake Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oreo® Cookie Delight 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Merle's Fried Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)
- 1 hour dinner rolls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pudding 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Crushed Pineapple Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Zebra Cake
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe