Merle's Fried Chicken
This is the best recipe ever for the perfect southern fried chicken.
- 1 large fryer, cut up and skinned
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
Place chicken in hot water.
Put flour, salt, and pepper in large bowl.
Roll chicken in flour mixture to coat well.
Place chicken iron skillet with very hot grease (about 1 inch).
Do not cover.
Fry 20 minutes on each side, turning once.
Larger pieces may take longer.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.