Whipped Shortbread Cookies
Auntie Lorraine Tuck's yummy whipped shortbread cookies. A Christmas melt in your mouth favorite!
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of almond extract (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven at 325
Add all ingredients to a bowl
Beat at high speed for approximately 10 minutes until thoroughly whipped
Spoon small teaspoon blobs onto cookie sheet
Add small pieces of maraschino cherries or sprinkle with coloured sugar (optional)
Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes (remove from oven before they start to turn a golden colour)
Cool on cookie rack
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1146 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (183 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.2/5 (224 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (90 Votes)
- Triple Peppermint Bars 3.1/5 (206 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.