Delicious melt in your mouth cookies
Shortbread Cookies. Discover our recipe.
- 1 ½ cups softened butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup corn starch
- ½ tsp salt
Mix all ingredients together until creamy. You may add food colouring now if desired. Roll 1 tsp into a ball and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Press dough down with a fork. Decorate with candies or cherries if you wish.
Bake @ 300F (200 in my oven) for 20 minutes or until done.
You'll also love
- Jewish Apple Cake 4.3/5 (94 Votes)
- Berry Blue Freeze 4.5/5 (76 Votes)
- Amandines 4.6/5 (88 Votes)
- Quick Magic Crustless Quiche 4.3/5 (116 Votes)
- PREACHER COOKIES 3/5 (178 Votes)
- Winter Warming Leek and Potato Soup 4/5 (89 Votes)
- The Original Chocolate Chip Cookies 3.9/5 (95 Votes)
- Gum's Whipped Shortbread 4/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.