Grandma's Shortbread Cookies
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- maraschino cherries for garnish (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
With a mixer in a large bowl, cream sugar and butter. Add vanilla, then add flour a little at a time, and beat until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes.
When mixed, divide into 4 equal parts and form each into a roll. Cut into rounds and bake until lightly browned, about 10-12 minutes. Remember to check the bottoms of the cookies.
Grandma's famous shortbread cookies - a Christmas classic.
You'll also love
- Apple Rose Tart 3.8/5 (52 Votes)
- Chocolate Snacking Cake 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Crunchy Almond Cookies 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Pecan Fingers 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Whipped Short Bread Cookies 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Gum's Whipped Shortbread 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Nana's Shortbread 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Almond Shortbread 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.