Whipped Short Bread Cookies
Great Christmas cookies that just melt in your mouth
- 1 block of butter
- 3 cups all propose flour
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- Sprinkles as desired
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 7mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Preheat oven to 300
Beat butter by self for 5 minutes
Add confectioners sugar and beat for another 5 minutes
Add flour in half cup at at time and beat for 2 minutes after each increase. Once all flour is added beat for 10 minutes.
Place on cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Add sprinkles if desired.
place in oven for 7 minutes or until bottom begins to lightly brown.
You'll also love
- Triple Peppermint Bars 3.1/5 (221 Votes)
- Pal payasam 4.1/5 (46 Votes)
- Matzah Pudding 3.9/5 (21 Votes)
- Sugar Cookies with Cream Cheese 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Mother's Cream Puff's 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- brown sugar baked ham 2.5/5 (167 Votes)
- Gum's Whipped Shortbread 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Nana's Shortbread 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.