Rate this recipe 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- 3/4 cup sugar (190 mL)
- 1 Tbsp. Flour (15 ml)
- 1/2 tsp. Salt (2 ml)
- 1 tsp. Ginger (5 ml)
- 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon (4 ml)
- 1/8 tsp. Cloves
- 1/8 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 1/4 cup canned pumpkin (300 ml)
- 1 Tbsp. Molasses (15 ml)
- 1 Tbsp. Melted butter (15 ml)
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cup milk (300 ml)
- 1 single pie crust, unbaked
- I cup whipped cream topping
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Cost Average budget
1. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients except for pie crust and pie topping.
2. Pour filling into an UNBAKED pie shell. Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes at 400 F.
3. Test for doneness, place knife in center of pie filling and when it comes out clean, it is done.
4. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
5. Gently spread the whipped cream topping.
You'll also love
- Peanutty Coleslaw 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Egg Nog 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Sweet Apple Turnovers 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Judy's Hot Milk Cake 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Southwestern Creamy Chicken... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Apple crumble 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Apple Pie 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Firehouse sweet potatoes 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe