- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Grease pan, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together shortening and sugar,
Add milk and eggs and stir,
Sift in baking powder, salt, and flour and stir,
Toss blueberries with a little bit of flour, to lightly coat,
Gently fold in blueberries, pour into greased pan.
Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raffaello Cake 4.6/5 (230 Votes)
- Superfood CHIA breakfast pudding... 5/5 (104 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (183 Votes)
- Kiwi, Apricot, and Yellow Peach... 4.4/5 (167 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!