A lovely cookie perfect for big gatherings or a quiet cup of tea!
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar for decoration
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Cost Average budget
Heat oven to 300F.
Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add almond extract and mix well.
Stir in the flour with a spoon until smooth and combined.
Divide dough in half. Refrigerate in plastic wrap for 2 hours.
Roll out on floured surface to 1/2" thick. Cut out cookies*. Place 1" apart on ungreased sheet.
Bake 25-30 mins until just slightly golden. Transfer to wire wrack. While the cookies are still hot, sprinkle the sugar over them.
* You can use cookie cutters, a glass or shape the dough into a square or rectangle and use a knife (and a ruler) to cut the dough into small rectangles (like Scottish shortbread).
You'll also love
- Mom's Banana Bread 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Snickerdoodle Blondies 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- maple 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Almond and Pistachio Crusted... 4.2/5 (26 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Ginger Shortbread 3.9/5 (33 Votes)
- Streusel 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- English Shortbread Cookies 4.3/5 (5 Votes)
- Bread Pudding 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
If you can get your hands on them, fresh almonds are delicious. That said, they can be quite tricky to peel. In this video we show you how to remove almond skins in just 5 easy steps!
Review this recipe