Ginger Shortbread. Discover our recipe.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Ginger
- 1 Cup Butter
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 50mins
Cost Average budget
In food processor mix flour, sugar and ginger. Add butter.
Whirl until texture is coarse. Press and squeeze into a ball. Place and shape on a cookie sheet.
Bake in a 325 F oven for 45-50 minutes until golden, checking often.
You'll also love
- Adhirasam (A sweet snack) 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Easy German Chocolate Layer Cake 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- MULTI-GRAIN BREAD for Breadmakers 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Pan Baked Ginger Snaps 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Chocolate Crinkles 3.9/5 (27 Votes)
- Feel-Better Chicken Noodle Soup 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Whipped Short Bread Cookies 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- Gum's Whipped Shortbread 4/5 (9 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!