Crab Curry with Kaffir Lime
By Plume , blog mon île, ma passion,...
- 1 crab frozen or fresh (ask your fishmonger cut into pieces)
- 8 oz of fresh tomato juice or peeled tomatoes
- 1 oz of ginger, peeled and crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed and degermed
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric (saffron IEP)
- 1 onion, peeled, sliced and minced
- some water
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- 1 sprig of thyme
- zest of half a kaffir lime (optional)
- snipped fresh chives (optional)
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Average budget
In a pot, brown the onion in a little oil, then add garlic and ginger, stir a few seconds and add the chopped tomatoes and cook down, to a puree. Add turmeric, salt, pepper, kaffir lime and thyme and stir. to Add crab, mix well and add water halfway covering the crab. Bring to a boil and cook about 15 to 20 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
Serve with white rice and a green mango rougail.
You'll also love
- Crab meat casserole 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Pork Curry 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Mixed Rice 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Cream of Chicken Curry 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Asian Pork 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Pasta Salad with Olives and... 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Baked Cabbage and Potato Omelet 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Flavour Infused Cream Cheese... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Are you curious to find out what the best way to chop a garlic clove is? We show you the easiest and most efficient way to chop garlic cloves like a chef!