Goes great with chips or any Mexican dish.
Rate this recipe 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- 1 1/2 lbs. TOMATILLOS
- 1 tsp. CUMMINO
- 1 med. white or purple ONION (I prefer white)
- 2 med cloves GARLIC
- 4-6 JALEPENOS (adjust to taste)
- 1 Tbsp LIME JUICE
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 5mins
Cost Average budget
Remove papery skin from tomatillos and wash thoroughly to remove stickiness.
Cut in half and place cut side down on cookie sheet and place under broiler for 5-7 minutes, until barely brown,WATCH CAREFULLY.
Chop ONION, GARLIC, JALEPENOS, and TOMATILLOS.
Place ALL INGREDIENTS in blender and blend until smooth.
Add salt if you prefer.
You'll also love
- Nanna's Burritos 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Light Dijon Salad Dressing 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Enchilada 7pts. 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Callie Ann Craft's Salsa 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Salsa Chicken 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Homemade Alfredo Sauce 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Cabbage and Potato Omelet 4.1/5 (32 Votes)
- Flavour Infused Cream Cheese... 4.2/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Chicken Quesadillas
These quick and easy chicken quesadillas are the perfect, last-minute family dinner!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp. of Mexican spice mix
- 4 Tortillas
- Salt, to taste
- Put shredded chicken breast, tomato sauce, chives, and mexican spice mix in a bowl and mix together.
- Lay out the tortillas. Place a slice of cheddar in the center, and cover with the chicken mix.
- Fold up tortillas, and heat in a frying pan until golden.
Review this recipe