Hungarian Crescent Cookies
- 8 oz butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups flour
- Cake/pastry filling (I use Solo brand; I have also used jam or marmalade but they are thinner and tend to run out of the cookie during baking).
- Powdered sugar
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Mix butter, cream cheese and flour in large bowl. Refrigerate for about an hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
On floured surface, roll dough. Cut into 1½ - 2 inch strips then cut each strip diagonally into diamond shapes.
Put about ½ teaspoon of pastry filling in center. Fold one point just over filling then roll, tucking the opposite point under the cookie and place on cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-15 minutes, until bottom begins to brown.
Remove from cookie sheet and cool on wire rack.
Dust with powdered sugar and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Banana Pop 3.9/5 (18 Votes)
- English Shortbread Cookies 4.3/5 (5 Votes)
- Grandma Barbie's Gingerbread... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- dinner biscuits 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Terri's Goulash 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Ellu poornam, Kolukkattai &... 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Goulash 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Hungarian Kalachki 3.6/5 (42 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe