Grandma Barbie's Gingerbread Cookies
These are a great make ahead Christmas cookie. Bake, then cool them and freeze in plastic wrap. Ice the cookies when they come out of the freezer and individually wrap each gingerbread man to keep them moist for gift giving.
- 8 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 Tbs salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. clove
- 2 Tbs ginger
- 2 Tbs cinnamon
- 2 cups shortening
- Mix all those together well and then add:
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Roll dough and add a little water if needed to make roll better.
use Gingerbread cookie cutters.
Bake at 350, 10-12 minutes
Cool and freeze, frost when cool.
Hot water and powdered sugar
Red hots and raisins to decorate.
Re-wrap in plastic wrap to keep cookies moist.
You'll also love
- Quick Whipped Topping Salad 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Pumpkin Chiffon Pie 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Lena's Little Cookies3 sticks... 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Butter Cookies 3.8/5 (48 Votes)
- Devil Food Cake 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Cinnamon Clove Rump Roast 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Ma Bears Onion & Sage Stuffing 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Christmas Gingerbread 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.