sweets butter cookies
- 2 cups all purpose four
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- plus more for sprinkle
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter
- cut into small pieces
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large eeg
- 1/2 cup cherry jam
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 8mins
Cost Average budget
stir four and baking powder together into a bowl. confectioners ' sugar, salt. and cinnamon in a food processor until finely ground, transfer to the an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment.
add butter and granulated sugar, beat on medium speed until fluffy. mix in vanilla and egg, add flour mixture, mix until combined, wrap each in plastic refrigerate until firm at least 1 hour.
preheat oven 375f, roll out dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thick.cut out round shape , cut out centers of half round.
space 2 inches apart on parchement paper lined baking sheets, bake until pale golden 8- 10 minutes, let cool
sprinkle cut out cookies with confectioners' sugar. spread jam onto uncut round, top with cutout ones.
cookies can be stored in container at room temperature up to 2 days
You'll also love
- Sirnee 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Low-Carb Chocolate Cheesecake"Ice... 4.1/5 (24 Votes)
- Sliced Sugar Cookies 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Grandma's Shortbread Cookies 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Khoorabia (Armenian Butter Cookies) 3.9/5 (37 Votes)
- Me Me's White Butter Icing 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Citrus Chile Compound Butter 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- sheep's cheese and jam 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.