Carol's Lemon Butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 TBSP flour
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 orange
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Combine sugar, flour, and egg.
Gradually add water, lemon, orange juice.
Heat on low until mixture thickens and comes to a boil
Chill and serve.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Named for the famous ballerina Anna Pavlova, this delicate lemon pavlova is simply divine.
- Confectioner's sugar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Separate egg yolks and whites
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites
- Add confectioner's sugar
- Distribute on baking pan and flatten center lightly with a spoon
- Bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees
- While that's baking, squeeze fresh lemon juice into a bowl
- Add egg yolks, sugar, and flour then whisk together
- Add butter and whisk again
- Take the merigues out of the oven once they're ready
- Spoon the filling into the center of the meringues
- Grate lemon rind and sprinkle the zest over the top of the pavlovas