By Isabelle du blog "La soupe à la citrouille"
- For 2 pots:
- 4 lemons
- 7 tbsp butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Grate the zest of 2 lemons, then squeeze the juice of 4 lemons.
In a saucepan, combine lemon juice, zest, eggs, sugar and butter.
Heat in a double boiler, stirring constantly for 20 minutes, until thickened.
Pour into jars and close. Store in a cool place (not exceeding one month).
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Named for the famous ballerina Anna Pavlova, this delicate lemon pavlova is simply divine.
- Confectioner's sugar
- Fresh lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Separate egg yolks and whites
- In a bowl, whisk egg whites
- Add confectioner's sugar
- Distribute on baking pan and flatten center lightly with a spoon
- Bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees
- While that's baking, squeeze fresh lemon juice into a bowl
- Add egg yolks, sugar, and flour then whisk together
- Add butter and whisk again
- Take the merigues out of the oven once they're ready
- Spoon the filling into the center of the meringues
- Grate lemon rind and sprinkle the zest over the top of the pavlovas