Lemon Cake Pie
Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 eggs separated
- juice and rind of 1 lemon
- 1 cup milk
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
cream sugar, flour and butter
add beaten egg yolks
add juice, rind and milk
beat egg whites and fold in
pour into unbaked pie crust and bake for 30 minutes at 350, or until firm...ish (will still jiggle a little in the middle)
You'll also love
- frozen banana icecream 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Crumb Cake: 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- swedish fish cake bowl 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Tandoori Chicken 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Greek-Style Vegetables 4/5 (39 Votes)
- Spanokopita 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Dirt Pudding 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
- Banana Nut Bread 4.2/5 (12 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Rustic Cherry Tart
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!
Review this recipe