- 8 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Separate the eggs and beat the egg whites with 1/2 cup sugar until stiff. Gradually add the remaining sugar, oil, eggs, potato starch, and lemon juice.
Pour the batter in to a 9x13 pan or 3 loaf pans. Combine the crumb ingredients and sprinkle over the top of the cake. Bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes. Though smaller cakes need less time.
You'll also love
- White Chocolate Raffaello Cake 4.5/5 (244 Votes)
- Petite Strawberry Tarts 3.5/5 (190 Votes)
- Chocolate sponge cake with gnash 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Candy from curd 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Quick & Easy Banana Cream Pie 4.1/5 (19 Votes)
- Om-Let me make you breakfast in bed 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- pumpkin seeds 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Pepetas 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!