Wacky Chocolate Cake
An easy decadent chocolate cake.
- 3c flour
- 2c sugar
- 1/3-1/2c cocoa
- 2tsp baking soda
- 1tsp salt
- 3/4c vegetable oil
- 2Tbs vinegar
- 2tsp vanilla
- 2c cold water
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Whisk dry ingredients together.
Add dry ingredients one at a time and whisk together.
Bake in greased and floured 11X15 pan at 350 degrees until edges begin to pull away from sides. (about 30 minutes)
You can top with sugared fruit and whipped cream. Or frost with your favorite frosting. Or just dust with some powdered sugar. It is quite rich tasting on its own!
Don't over beat.
You'll also love
- Oranges with cinnamon 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Dirt Cake 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- cake pop 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Rich Chocolate Crepes 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Coconut Filled Chocolate Cake... 3.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Mayonnaise chocolate cake 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Easy moist chocolate cake 2.8/5 (6 Votes)
- Quick Chocolate Cake 1/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!
Review this recipe