Quick Chocolate Cake
An easy and quick chocolate cake. Not too sweet, you can also replace the egg with another half cup of water and it becomes a vegan cake.
- 1.5 cups of flour
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 egg
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
Combine flour, sugar, cocoa, and baking powder. This can be done in one pre-greased pan to save on dishes!
Add vanilla, oil, water, then egg and mix until smooth.
Bake at 350 degrees in a 9 inch cake pan.
You'll also love
- Almond Milk Hot Cocoa 4.8/5 (16 Votes)
- Giant Peanut Butter and Chocolate... 4.3/5 (29 Votes)
- Chocolate Snacking Cake 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Wacky Chocolate Cake 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Vegan Chocolate Pudding Pie 2.9/5 (32 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip and Nut Cookies 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Black Forest Cake 1/5 (1 Votes)
- "Light" Hot Chocolate 1/5 (1 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!