Food Art: The Best Food Sculptures
When we are young, we're told not to play with our food.
But some grown-ups have taken playing with food to a whole new level by making actual sculptures out of food. Whether they're made out of chocolate, cheese or vegetables, food sculptures are the new way to fuse the realms of art and food.
Here are our 5 favorite food sculptures:
1. Patrick Roger's chocolate monkeys
Source: Patrick Roger
2. Hong Yi's Instagram food art
Source: Instagram @redhongyi
3. Sarah Kaufmann's cheese sculptures
4. Sandwich Art from Insanewiches.com
5. Bento Art
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for something indulgent? These velvety chocolate beetroot cakes will hit the spot.
- 1.3 cups beetroot
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4/5 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Melted dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Put the beetroot, eggs, oil and lemon juice in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and sugar.
- Add the blended beetroot mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Add the baking powder and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into silicone cake moulds.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until you a pick comes out clean.
- Top with melted dark chocolate, and enjoy!