Chocolate Snacking Cake
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour 375 mL
- 1 cup granulated sugar 250 mL
- 3 tbsp cocoa 45 mL
- 1 tsp each of baking powder and baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Average budget
In mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (except nuts); mix thoroughly. Add liquid ingredients; stir with whisk until blended. Add nuts (if using).
Pour into lightly greased 8-inch (20 cm) square cake pan. Bake in 350F (180C) oven for 30 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
Instant Chocolate Icing: Sprinkle baked cake, while still hot, with about 1 cup (250 mL) chocolate chips OR top with a single layer of peppermint patties (round chocolate-coated patties with mint cream filling); spread when softened.
You'll also love
- Khoorabia (Armenian Butter Cookies) 3.9/5 (37 Votes)
- Chilli parotta chennai style 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Chocolate Covered Pretzels 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Magic Cocoa 3.3/5 (85 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Icing 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- Fondant au Chocolat (Brownies) 4/5 (58 Votes)
- Easy Chocolate Pudding 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Coconut Filled Chocolate Cake... 3.7/5 (29 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Craving sweet? This rustic cherry tart is easy, quick and delicious!
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 3 cups / 750 g. of cherries
- 1/3 cup / 60 g. of sugar
- 2/3 cup / 60 g. of almond flour
- 4 tbsp. of brown sugar
- A dash of milk
- Mix the cherries and sugar together. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Spread or roll out the shortcrust pastry, sprinkle with almond powder and brown sugar.
- Place the cherries in the center of the dough, leaving about 2 inches of free dough on the edges. Fold in the edges.
- Brush with milk (this will make the crust go golden), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F/180°C.
- Top with a handful of chopped pistachios, and serve!