Chocolate Oatmeal Cake
Chocolate Oatmeal Cake. Discover our recipe.
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup margarine or butter
- 4 Tbsp. cocoa
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put oatmeal in boiling water, set aside.
Combine butter, cocoa, sugar.
Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
Add baking power, soda and salt to flour.
Add to liquid mixture.
Add oatmeal and water mixture, mixing well.
Place in a greased pan. Bake 45 minutes @ 375 degrees.
You'll also love
- Lemon Breakfast Crepes 4.1/5 (30 Votes)
- Chocolate Cream Pie 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Apple McIntosh Cake 3.6/5 (68 Votes)
- Yummy Brownies Bites 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Daisy Cake 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread 4.1/5 (31 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Cookie Sheet Cake 3.9/5 (47 Votes)
- Caramel Brownies 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!