Rate this recipe 4.2/5 (20 Votes)
- Fresh strawberries, fresh blueberries
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 10mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Thoroughly wash your produce
Cut your strawberries into 3 pieces
On a skewer, slide on one blueberry and then one strawberry pieces and then another blueberry. Repeat this step with all your fruit
You'll also love
- Blueberry Rolls 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Rice Crispy Treats 4.2/5 (31 Votes)
- butter tart squares 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Strawberry Layer Cake with Cream 4.4/5 (29 Votes)
- Simple shortcake with crumble 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- Apple Cider Cupcakes 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Easy Blueberry Muffins 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Cotton Candy Cones 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
VIDEO: Chocolate Strawberry Braid
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe