Food HACK: How To Make A Boozy Watermelon
Five minutes of prep... A whole afternoon of pleasure!
Nothing says summer like watermelon. Grill it up, toss it in a salad, or eat it plain — there are many delicious ways to enjoy this fruit.
But have you ever tried spiking it?
A boozy watermelon lets you combine your love of cool cocktails with the sweet, refreshing juiciness of the melon. It's amazing when shared among friends on a hot summer day, and it only takes five minutes of prep. An excellent all-round investment!
All you'll need is a watermelon, a knife, a funnel, and a bottle of vodka. What should you do next?
Check it out!
Love this? Follow us on Facebook for more awesome food ideas!
More steaming articles
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!