Sautéed Zucchini with Herbs
- 2 or 3 new Onions
- Parsley, thyme, 2 bay leaves, tarragon
- Olive oil
- 3 - 4 Zucchini
- 1 green pepper
- salt and pepper
Level of difficulty Easy
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 20mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Sauté onions 30 seconds, add finely chopped garlic, sauté for another thirty seconds.
Add zucchini and green pepper, cut into small cubes, add herbs EXCEPT the parsley, salt and pepper let stew possibly releasing excess water.
Add the chopped parsley just before the end of cooking.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!