- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 2 cups milk
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Cost Budget Friendly
Whisk egg and milk well.
Whisk in flour 1 cup at a time, blend well.
Pour equal parts oil (1 1/4 tsp) into 12 muffin cups. Heat in pre-heated oven at 450F for 5-10 minutes; it will smoke a little.
Safely take pan out of oven and quickly pour 1/3 cup batter in each cup.
Cook in oven for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Serve topped with gravy (optional).
1. Don't open the oven door during cooking.
2. Make sure the oil is very hot when pouring batter quickly.
You'll also love
- Garlic Parsley Potatoes 4.3/5 (18 Votes)
- Creamed Spinach n 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Skor Bar 4.7/5 (57 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Authentic Puerto Rican Domplines 4.1/5 (270 Votes)
- Classic Pound Cake 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Bread Pudding 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Challah 4.2/5 (142 Votes)
- Diamond sweet 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These baked Cheesy Eggplant Hedgehogs are totally adorable, tasty and really easy to make!
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cup shredded cheese
- Mix the olive oil, chopped basil, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Carefully slice the eggplant on it's side in a cross-hatch pattern, without cutting all the way through.
- Lay the eggplants inside an oven-safe baking tray.
- Pour the oil mixture over the eggplants, taking care to pour between the slices.
- Stuff the gaps in the eggplant with shredded cheese.
- Cook in the oven at 355°F for 45 minutes, until the flesh is cooked and the cheese totally melted.
- Serve and enjoy!
Review this recipe