Sliced Sugar Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter
- 1 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 10mins
Cost Average budget
Mix together and roll into a long log. Chill overnight. Slice thin. Place on cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for 8 to 10 minutes.
Sprinkle colored sugars on top.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.2/5 (231 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (90 Votes)
- Turkey Jerky 4.2/5 (73 Votes)
- Refrigerator Cookies 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Steak- Fusion 4/5 (29 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!