Brasted's Sugar Cookies
- 1 Cup of shortening
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 Cup of buttermilk
- 5 Cups of flour
- 3 TSP of Baking powder
- Vanilla and nutmeg for flavoring
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Cream the shortening and the sugar together.
Slightly beat the eggs and add to the sugar mixture.
Dissolve the soda in the buttermilk and add to mixture.
Add nutmeg and vanilla to flavor and sift flour and mix.
Bake @ 375° for 5-10 mins on a greased cookie sheet.
You'll also love
- Willie's brownies 5/5 (1452 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn Country Style Apple Pie 4.5/5 (1147 Votes)
- Spiced Apple and Marscapone Ravioli 4.4/5 (955 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Tartlets 4.9/5 (229 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Tatin Cheesecake 3.9/5 (183 Votes)
- Insanely delicious cookies from... 3.2/5 (231 Votes)
- YUM!Food Porn 6 steps to chocolaty Oreo PARADISE 4.6/5 (90 Votes)
- Recipewe ♡ Buttermilk Blueberry Corn Muffins 4.5/5 (22 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.