buttermilk tea bisquits
- 4cups flour
- 7tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1/2cup white sugar
- 2cups buttermilk
- 1/2cup vegetable oil
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
Mix oil with buttermilk
Mix all the other ingredients together in large bowl
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
Knead well on a floured surface until dough is smooth and elastic
Flatten to about 1 inch thick
Use a floured circle cookie cutter and cut dough into rounds. Re-knead and pat flat and re-cut until all dough is used
Bake on non greased cookie sheets for 15 minutes at 400 degrees until lightly browned
Store in a covered container. These can also be frozen after baking.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!