Tea biscuits recipes - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Try this clever trick to make the perfect zebra cake!
- 2 large water or soda bottles (empty)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Ready 2 large plastic bottles, cleaned and dried.
- Add 1 cup of flour to each bottle.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar to each.
- Melt butter, then add equal halves to each bottle.
- Add 6 eggs, 3 in each.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of baking powder to each.
- Add 1/2 cup of heavy cream to each.
- Shake the bottles thoroughly until the contents are well mixed.
- In one of the bottles only, add the cocoa powder.
- Beginning with the cocoa powder mixture, add a dolop of batter to the center of a circular
- baking tin. Do the same with the other mixture, placing the dolop directly in the center of the previous one.
- Continue with alternating additions of each mixture until all batter is used and the tin is full.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Tea biscuits recipes
buttermilk tea bisquits
Mix oil with buttermilk
- 4cups flour
- 7tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- 1/2cup white sugar
- 2cups buttermilk
- 1/2cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- • 4 cups Flour
- • 4 tbsp Baking Powder
- • 2 tsp Salt
- • ½ cup Shortening/ Margarine
- • 1 ½ cups Milk
- • 4 tbsp Sugar
- • ½ cup dried fruit or shredded cheese (optional)
Mix dry ingredients, Cut in butter
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 4 tbsp Butter
Turn out on board and knead about 6 times
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. soda and 1/2 tsp. salt - sifted
- 2 Tbsp. sugar (white)
- 1/2 cup crisco
- 1 cup buttermilk