- • 4 cups Flour
- • 4 tbsp Baking Powder
- • 2 tsp Salt
- • ½ cup Shortening/ Margarine
- • 1 ½ cups Milk
- • 4 tbsp Sugar
- • ½ cup dried fruit or shredded cheese (optional)
Level of difficulty Average
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cost Average budget
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine all ingredients together into a doughy ball.
3. Cut dough into smaller pieces and roll to small handful sized balls.
4. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Lemon Bread 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Graham Crumb Crust 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Soft and Chewy Chipit Cookies 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Potato & Bacon Biscuit 4.1/5 (28 Votes)
- Two Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Basic fancy biscuits 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Cream of lentils, curry masala,... 4.2/5 (7 Votes)
- Quick Energy Bars 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
Chef Tips and Tricks
These salted caramel thumbprint cookies are easy to make and super delicious!
- 1/4 cup / 50g of softened butter
- 1 egg (divide the yolk and white)
- 1/4 cup / 50g of sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g of flour
- 1 cup / 100g of chopped nuts
- Salted caramel
- Melted dark chocolate
In a bowl, mix together the butter, egg yolk, sugar, and salt.
Add the flour and mix. Roll into a ball.
Chill for 30 minutes.
Remove from refrigerator. Divide the dough and roll into 1-inch balls.
Dip each ball in egg yolk, and then roll in chopped nuts.
Place on baking sheet (lined with parchment paper), and press your thumb into the center.
Bake at 340°F/170°C for 12 minutes, or until golden.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Pour the salted caramel into the center groove,and drizzle with dark chocolate.
Review this recipe