How to make the best sour milk biscuits - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
All you need is 3 main ingredients to make this Chocolate Strawberry Braid for dessert tonight!
- 7-9 medium-sized strawberries
- 1 puff pastry
- 1 chocolate bar
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut the strawberries into halves.
- Dust some flour on a flat surface and spread your puff pastry out on top, smoothing it into a rectangle shape if necessary.
- Place the bar of chocolate in the center, then top with a layer of strawberry halves.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, slice the edges of the puff pastry into strips that can be wrapped over the chocolate and strawberries. Starting with the flap at the top, fold over each strip in a slightly diagonal direction so that they resemble a braid.
- Brush the braid with a beaten egg yolk so that it covers the entire visible surface.
- Sprinkle almond slivers on top.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Give the braid a few minutes to cool down, then cover with a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Sour milk biscuits recipes
Roll and cut. Bake on 425 for 22 mins
- 1 3/4 buttermilk
- 3 c. flour
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
How Long Do Foods Really Last In The Freezer?
Freezing is an excellent preservation technique for many foods. But it doesn't make them imperishable forever. Check our guide for tips on how long certain foods can reasonably be frozen to retain their quality.
Grandmom's Yeast Biscuits
Biscuit dough you can keep in the fridge, and cook on demand
- 1 yeast cake (or equivalent packet yeast)
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 5 cups flour (self-rising preferred)
VIDEO: French Strawberry Mille Feuille
Ooo la la... This gorgeous French strawberry Mille Feuille will blow you away!!
Turn out on board and knead about 6 times
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder and 1/2 tsp. soda and 1/2 tsp. salt - sifted
- 2 Tbsp. sugar (white)
- 1/2 cup crisco
- 1 cup buttermilk
Spicy Sriracha Buttermilk Biscuits
By OatandSesame, OatandSesame
My favorite buttermilk biscuit recipe is given a a sweet and spicy twist with Sriracha compound butter and a slathe...
- Compound Butter:
- 1¾ sticks unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbs Rodelle Asian Sriracha Seasoning Blend
- *make extra if you want to spread on finished biscuits
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¾ sticks very cold compound butter (above), cubed and kept chilled
- 1½ cups cold buttermilk
- toppings: honey, butter, jam, eggs, cheese, bacon, spinach.