Spicy Sriracha Buttermilk Biscuits
My favorite buttermilk biscuit recipe is given a a sweet and spicy twist with Sriracha compound butter and a slather of raw honey. I'm not sure why I didn't do this before today.
- Compound Butter:
- 1¾ sticks unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbs Rodelle Asian Sriracha Seasoning Blend
- *make extra if you want to spread on finished biscuits
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¾ sticks very cold compound butter (above), cubed and kept chilled
- 1½ cups cold buttermilk
- toppings: honey, butter, jam, eggs, cheese, bacon, spinach.
Level of difficulty Average
Cost Average budget
Visit OatandSesame.com for the full recipe.
You'll also love
Chef Tips and Tricks
You'll drool over this 3 cheese, bacon-wrapped baguette.
- Blue cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- 1 baguette
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Cut your cheeses into thin slices
- Slice baguette down the middle (like a sandwich)
- Layer cheddar, blue, and mozarella cheese inside the bread
- Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Close baguette and wrap with bacon strips
- Put in oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
- Slice and serve!