The best sour milk scones - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Combine summer zucchini with leftover mashed potatoes for a delicious, savory treat!
- 5 Potatoes
- 1.5 Cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 Cup shredded cheese
- 3/ Cup milk
- 1/3 Cup coriander, chopped
- 1/3 Cup basil, chopped
- Parmesan, to sprinkle
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Chop the potatoes in half, boil until very tender and drain.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and zucchini. Add the grated cheese, milk, coriander, basil, salt and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- On a baking tray, spoon out the zucchini-potato mixture and form into balls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and grated cheese, and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- When golden, remove from oven... and enjoy!
Top rated Sour milk scones recipes
Roll and cut. Bake on 425 for 22 mins
- 1 3/4 buttermilk
- 3 c. flour
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Cruffins: The crazy hybrid between a croissant and a muffin!
By Nadia Paprikas
If we mix a croissant with a muffin we get a... cruffin! First created in Australia, this crazy hybrid pastry is taking the world by storm.
Grandmom's Yeast Biscuits
Biscuit dough you can keep in the fridge, and cook on demand
- 1 yeast cake (or equivalent packet yeast)
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 5 cups flour (self-rising preferred)
America's best spots for biscuits and gravy
Whether you seek the perfect plate of classic biscuits & gravy or a creative modern twist, you're sure to find it at one of these 15 spots!
Spicy Sriracha Buttermilk Biscuits
By OatandSesame, OatandSesame
My favorite buttermilk biscuit recipe is given a a sweet and spicy twist with Sriracha compound butter and a slathe...
- Compound Butter:
- 1¾ sticks unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbs Rodelle Asian Sriracha Seasoning Blend
- *make extra if you want to spread on finished biscuits
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¾ sticks very cold compound butter (above)
- cubed and kept chilled
- 1½ cups cold buttermilk
- toppings: honey
A La King Biscuit Casserole (Easy)
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups cubed skinless boneless chicken breast meat
- 1 1/2 cups green peas
- 1 1/2 cups canned mushrooms drained
- 1 cup cooked sliced carrots
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits