The best sour milk scones - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Make this delicious, melt-in-your-mouth chocolate soufflé for you and two friends!
- 3 mugs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 4 eggs
- Brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set your stove on a low heat setting.
- In a sauce pan, add the milk, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and salt. Mix well over low heat.
- Once the mixture thickens to a doughy texture, remove from the heat.
- Add chocolate chunks and stir thoroughly.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites into two separate bowls.
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg whites into stiff peaks.
- Add the whipped egg whites to the batter and gently fold them in.
- Using a cube of butter in your fingers, line the mugs with a coat of butter, then top with a coat of brown sugar. Tilt and shake the mug until the sugar sticks to the butter in a consistent layer all over the inside of the cup.
- Pour the batter equally into each of the 3 cups.
- Put the cups on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Top rated Sour milk scones recipes
Roll and cut. Bake on 425 for 22 mins
- 1 3/4 buttermilk
- 3 c. flour
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Cruffins: The crazy hybrid between a croissant and a muffin!
By Nadia Paprikas
If we mix a croissant with a muffin we get a... cruffin! First created in Australia, this crazy hybrid pastry is taking the world by storm.
Grandmom's Yeast Biscuits
Biscuit dough you can keep in the fridge, and cook on demand
- 1 yeast cake (or equivalent packet yeast)
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 5 cups flour (self-rising preferred)
America's best spots for biscuits and gravy
Whether you seek the perfect plate of classic biscuits & gravy or a creative modern twist, you're sure to find it at one of these 15 spots!
Spicy Sriracha Buttermilk Biscuits
By OatandSesame, OatandSesame
My favorite buttermilk biscuit recipe is given a a sweet and spicy twist with Sriracha compound butter and a slathe...
- Compound Butter:
- 1¾ sticks unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbs Rodelle Asian Sriracha Seasoning Blend
- *make extra if you want to spread on finished biscuits
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¾ sticks very cold compound butter (above), cubed and kept chilled
- 1½ cups cold buttermilk
- toppings: honey, butter, jam, eggs, cheese, bacon, spinach.
A La King Biscuit Casserole (Easy)
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups cubed skinless boneless chicken breast meat
- 1 1/2 cups green peas
- 1 1/2 cups canned mushrooms drained
- 1 cup cooked sliced carrots
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits