The best sour milk scones - 4 recipes
Chef Tips and Tricks
Looking for an easy snack or party appetizer? These little beef pockets are a pinch!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk, and water in a pan, and mix until you form a dough.
- In a saucepan, heat a splash of olive oil and add the onion. Cook on medium-high until onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef, and add the salt, water, and tomato sauce. When the meat has browned, remove from heat.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, and roll out the dough into a flat sheet.
- Use a ramekin or cup to cut out circles.
- Add a dollop of beef-tomato mixture to the center of each circle.
- Pinch the dough into a little pocket.
- Bake in the oven at 350° F for 15 minutes.
Top rated Sour milk scones recipes
Roll and cut. Bake on 425 for 22 mins
- 1 3/4 buttermilk
- 3 c. flour
- 3/4 stick of butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
Cruffins: The crazy hybrid between a croissant and a muffin!
By Nadia Paprikas
If we mix a croissant with a muffin we get a... cruffin! First created in Australia, this crazy hybrid pastry is taking the world by storm.
Grandmom's Yeast Biscuits
Biscuit dough you can keep in the fridge, and cook on demand
- 1 yeast cake (or equivalent packet yeast)
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 5 cups flour (self-rising preferred)
America's best spots for biscuits and gravy
Whether you seek the perfect plate of classic biscuits & gravy or a creative modern twist, you're sure to find it at one of these 15 spots!
Spicy Sriracha Buttermilk Biscuits
By OatandSesame, OatandSesame
My favorite buttermilk biscuit recipe is given a a sweet and spicy twist with Sriracha compound butter and a slathe...
- Compound Butter:
- 1¾ sticks unsalted butter
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbs Rodelle Asian Sriracha Seasoning Blend
- *make extra if you want to spread on finished biscuits
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ¾ sticks very cold compound butter (above)
- cubed and kept chilled
- 1½ cups cold buttermilk
- toppings: honey
A La King Biscuit Casserole (Easy)
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups cubed skinless boneless chicken breast meat
- 1 1/2 cups green peas
- 1 1/2 cups canned mushrooms drained
- 1 cup cooked sliced carrots
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits